How To Use Pay-Per-Click Advertising
How to Use PPC Advertising for your Business
What is Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
PPC is a form of marketing where you display ads to users, but the owner of the ad only pays money to the advertiser if users actually click on the ad. Although there are many types of PPC marketing, the most notable examples are Google ads and Facebook sponsored posts. In marketing jargon, you aren't paying money for ad impressions (views); you are only paying for actionable clicks.
Why You Should Use Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- Cost-effective. Since you are only paying when users click on your ads, you won't be spending your marketing budget on those who aren't interested in the products you display on your product page.
- Scalable. PPC works for both large and small-scale marketing campaigns. You can use it as your main form of advertising or as support for other campaigns you may be running.
- Controllable. You can decide how much you will spend by determining the bid you want to place on relevant keywords. This means your marketing budget can't spin out of control.
- Easy to target the right users. Since you choose the keywords you would like to bid on, you can target the users looking up specific web searches related to your business.
- Generates leads. PPC ads bring the users who click on them directly to your website. From there, you can convert them to leads that you can nurture until they are ready to make a purchase.
- Measurable results. Unlike other forms of marketing that have data that is hard to interpret, with PPC, you will know exactly how many users have clicked on your ads. This makes tracking the performance of your marketing campaign simple.
- Easy to implement changes. Because you can track how your PPC ads are doing, you will know when a certain ad isn't performing well. Thankfully, creating a new version with a different copy is straightforward, and it won't break the bank. Moreover, you can even simultaneously run several PPC ads to see which version performs better.
Using Pay-Per-Click Advertising in 5 Easy Steps
1. Define Your Marketing Goals
Effective marketing can help your business achieve incredible results. Unfortunately, a single marketing campaign can only accomplish so much, and it's usually best to focus your efforts instead of spreading yourself too thin. Take a moment to think about what you want to achieve with your PPC advertising. Due to PPC's flexibility, you can use it to encourage sales, generate leads, and promote events or product launches.
2. Research Your Customers
Once you know what you want to achieve, it should become fairly obvious who you need to target with your advertising. Get to know your audience, their interests, and their needs. If your business has been around for a while, you might already have a profile of your ideal customer. This information can help guide your PPC campaign by telling you where your customers hang out online and what social media platforms they use. Nowadays, most social media platforms have integrated PPC options, so marketing to your users on social media should be fairly straightforward. Many content marketing tools are available if you want to draw more attention and increase user interaction with your brand.
3. Do Keyword Research
Correctly choosing your keywords is one of the most important aspects if you want to successfully use pay-per-click advertising for your business. PPC ads are based on keywords, representing relevant phrases that users enter into search engines when searching for things around the web. If you've done your customer research, you should know what words are relevant for your business; however, you can also check to see what keywords your competition is ranking for. If you are having trouble with keyword research, you can turn to powerful tools like SEMrush, which has built-in PPC keyword research functionality.
4. Create a Winning Landing Page
If users click on one of your PPC ads, they will be taken to your website, specifically to a dedicated landing page created to convert those site visitors into leads. You should use responsive website design to ensure your pages look great on all devices. If you engage users and get them to interact with your website, you will have a higher chance of converting them into paying customers.
5. Develop a Strong CTA
The Call to Action is what you will use to inspire users into action. The digital marketing experts from Movers Development say that a strong CTA is the most critical element of a successful PPC ad. They recommend being crystal clear with your value proposition and what you want users to do. Always frame your CTA in a positive light and use catchy phrases to click on your ads. Remember that your landing page should reinforce your CTA. If users expect one thing when clicking on your ad, the landing page must deliver on that promise. Since PPC ads are affordable, you can test different versions of your Call to Action to see which has a better click-through rate.
Now that we've shown you how to use pay-per-click advertising for your business, you can start refining your marketing approach. It would be best if you continuously monitored and adjusted your marketing performance. The risks associated with using PPC to experiment and test how audiences respond are also low. This makes PPC one of the best avenues for testing the waters for your future marketing campaigns. Thankfully, PPC advertising is a malleable tool that can give amazing results when properly tuned.
Leave a Comment