Is VyprVPN fast, private, and secure? Does it fit your needs? In this VyprVPN review, we will be examining whether or not VyprVPN is worth your money.
Background And History
VyprVPN has been around for more than a decade, making it an experienced industry leader as a VPN provider. With state-of-the-art encryption, VyprVPN offers users security and privacy while connected online.
VyprVPN is also incorporated in Switzerland, where favorable privacy laws provide extra-legal safeguards against governments, courts, or corporations attempting to access their servers.
The business location of a VPN company is crucial to what it must abide by, by law.
As mentioned before, VyprVPN is based in Switzerland which is not part of the 14 Eyes group of countries.
VyprVPN does NOT log its users, either direct data or metadata.
It has been publicly verified by an independent audit that VyprVPN logs zero personally identifiable information, so VyprVPN keeps your information private. The following are kept private and never logged: Your IP address, your location, the websites you visit, and your personal communications.
The results we got with VyprVPN were very good, below you can compare how VyprVPN impacted our internet connection.
Results without VyprVPN:
- Ping: 35 ms
- Download: 78.61 Mbps
- Upload: 22.81 Mbs
Results with VyprVPN:
- Ping: 33 ms
- Download: 74.31 Mbps
- Upload: 21.30 Mbps
In our test, Ping was basically the same, the download speed decreased slightly, and the upload speed was almost the same decreasing slightly, which is great!
Streaming & Torrenting
We've gone ahead and tried to access some of the most popular streaming services while connected to VyprVPN's U.S. server, below you can check which services worked, and which didn't.
- Netflix: Yes
- Hulu: Yes
- Amazon Prime: Yes
- HBO Max: Yes
- Disney Plus: Yes
- FuboTV: No
While connected to VyprVPN, we were able to watch every streaming service apart from FuboTV.
VyprVPN claims to have the utmost respect for your privacy. VyprVPN does not log or retain any information from VPN sessions or block the use of any ports. Because VyprVPN's service treats all traffic equally, peer-to-peer and BitTorrent traffic is allowed.
VyprVPN: Security & Encryption
VyprVPN offers the following security features.
- VyprVPN uses strong AES 256-bit encryption by default and also provides DNS protection.
- NAT Firewall is an additional layer of security for your VyprVPN connection. It blocks unrequested inbound traffic when you are connected to VyprVPN. No additional configuration or software is required. Because it runs on VyprVPN's servers, NAT Firewall protects any device connected to VyprVPN.
- Chameleon is VyprVPN’s secret weapon for bypassing restrictive networks. It is a proprietary VPN protocol, which scrambles OpenVPN packet metadata, so it is not recognizable to deep packet inspection (DPI) while keeping it fast and lightweight.
- ChameleonTM was built with Smart IP, an extension of VyprVPN's Chameleon protocol, to further combat extremely restrictive censorship imposed by the Chinese government and some of the other most repressive governments in the world. The technology’s goal is to provide internet users with a consistent, reliable, and safe way to access the internet – even when connecting from highly restrictive countries.
- VyprVPN has WireGuard on its apps. Wireguard is the next-generation VPN protocol that gives you the highest level of privacy, security, and speed. Just like all VyprVPNs protocols, WireGuard is supported on all of VyprVPN's global servers, so you are always assured of total privacy. In addition, VyprVPN's No-Log Policy makes sure no one ever accesses your data.
VyprVPN: Extra Features
- When activated, VyprVPN’s Kill Switch automatically blocks all Internet and network traffic when VyprVPN disconnects or is not enabled adding another level of protection. VyprVPN’s Kill Switch feature is currently available for Windows, Mac, and mobile apps
- VyprDNS is Golden Frog’s own encrypted, zero-knowledge DNS. When users connect to the Internet they usually rely on their ISP's DNS servers, which are often configured to comprehensively log their internet activity and even censor websites.
- Most ISP and 3rd-Party DNS servers log and can keep a perfect record of when and where you go online. For example, Google DNS logs IP addresses, websites visited, geolocation data, and much more. VyprDNS is a zero-knowledge DNS so Golden Frog never retains hostnames, including hostnames found in URLs.
- Every VyprVPN account comes with 30 simultaneous connections.
Usability & App
VyprVPN offers easy-to-use apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac, the design is very appealing and clean, although it lacks some features include on other VPN providers, the app includes all essential features.
VyprVPN's approach is unique in the VPN industry - VyperVPN owns, engineers, and manages its own VPN servers so they can deliver fast and reliable connections. Many other VPN providers use 3rd-party companies to host their VPN servers. VyprVPN does not. VyprVPN is the only company that handles your data so your privacy and security are protected from end-to-end.
Servers owned by VyprVPN span the entire world. Server clusters are located in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania (700+ VPN servers).
Each server location has top-of-the-line hardware for better speed and streaming quality.
VyprVPN has over 300,000 available IP addresses.
With VyprVPN you have access to 70+ server locations around the world.
Dynamic server switching prevents overloading or unavailable VPN servers.
VyprVPN offers 24/7 support via live chat and email. The entire Customer Success Team is made up of real, friendly, and knowledgeable people that are there to assist you with answering questions, solving problems, and helping you with any VyprVPN-related inquiry you may have.
Below you can see which payment methods you can use when subscribing to VyprVPN.
- Credit Card: Yes
- PayPal: Yes
- Google Pay: No
- Apple Pay: No
- Cryptocurrencies: No
VyprVPN doesn't accept cryptocurrencies as a payment method, as a company that advocates for privacy, we hope they accept cryptocurrencies in the near future.
Plans & Pricing
VyprVPN offers three different plans, a 2-month plan, an 18-month plan, and a 36-month plan.
2 Months (Includes 1 free month)
$6.47 per month (SAVE 50%)
18 Months (Includes 6 free months)
$2.50 per month (SAVE 81%)
36 Months (Includes 12 free months)
$1.67 per month (SAVE 87%)
VyprVPN Pros & Cons
- 25+ Years of Internet Service Experience
- VyprVPN has been around for more than a decade
- Zero Content Restrictions
- Publicly Audited VPN
- Owned and Operated Infrastructure
- Outside the 14 Eyes for Maximum Privacy
- 24/7 live chat support
- It owns, engineers, and manages its own servers
- Very good speeds
- 30 simultaneous connections
- FuboTV did not work
- It doesn't accept cryptocurrencies as a payment method
VyprVPN Review: Verdict
As the world’s only publicly audited No Log VPN, VyprVPN has taken the unprecedented step to independently verify that they never log your online activity, location, or IP address when using VyprVPN servers.
VyprVPN is unique in the VPN industry because they engineer and operate all their hardware and servers so that they can optimize servers for streaming.
They are also incorporated in Switzerland, where favorable privacy laws provide extra-legal safeguards against governments, courts, or corporations attempting to access their servers.
The number of available server locations is a weakness when compared to services like ExpressVPN or NordVPN.
The connection speeds are very good, but we were unable to watch FuboTV when connected to a US server.
It would also be great if VyprVPN could accept cryptocurrencies as a payment method.
If you'd like to get 87% OFF VyprVPN's 36-month plan, simply follow the link below!