Olight Warrior Mini 2 Review: Is It Worth It?
Olight Warrior Mini 2 Review
Are you looking for a compact EDC flashlight? Are wondering whether or not the Olight Warrior Mini 2 is the right choice?
In this in-depth Olight Warrior Mini 2 review, we will be looking into all of this flashlight's specs, features, cons, and pros, how it performs, and finally, find out whether or not the Warrior Mini 2 is worth your money.
Background and History
Olight Technology is a Chinese tech-driven brand founded in 2006 that produces high-quality flashlights.
Olight products have been tried and tested to exceed expectations. these include EDC lights, tactical lights, self-defense lights, headlamps, bicycle lights, camping lights, and accessories.
For years, Olight has been striving to deliver cutting-edge illumination tools to help customers do their best in their daily work or outdoor explorations. Creating quality products for the consumer to conquer the night is the root of Olight's business.
Whereas, empowering every flashlight to be a unique companion to witness each and every blissful moment, the company's ultimate goal is to cheer the user up in the darkest moments.
The Warrior Mini 2 is the brand-new upgraded version of the previous Warrior Mini and one of the most powerful compact tactical EDC flashlights on the market.
Some of the Warrior Mini 2's main features include:
- Built-in smart proximity sensor
- Maximum output of 1750 lumens
- 220-meters of throw
- 45-day of runtime
- Side switch to select six different modes
- Customized 3500 mAh battery
- 1.5 meters drop test
- IPX8 waterproof rating
- 1,750 lumens max performance
- 12,300-candela max light density
- High-Performance LED (6000~7000K)
- Aluminum Alloy body material
- Customized 3500 mAh 3.6V 18650 Rechargeable Battery
- Reversible Clip
- MCC3 Magnetic USB Charging Cable
- TIR Optic Lens & Protective Glass Lens
- Side Switch & Tail Switch
- Lanyard and Lanyard Clip
- Carabiner-Style Ring
When you unbox your Warrior Mini 2, you will find the following contents in the box:
- Warrior Mini 2 Flashlight (with Battery inside)
- USB Magnetic Charging Cable
- Carabiner-Style Ring
- User Manual
The Warrior Mini 2 is small and compact enough to fit in your pocket, but big enough to feel just right when holding it.
The flashlight looks overall premium, solid, and resistant, and you can choose between two different sets of colors (Black, or Desert Tan).
The build quality is very durable, with the whole outer body being composed of aluminum alloy and a waterproof rating of IPX8.
The flashlight weighs 4.3 oz (122 g) (Including Battery, Pocket Clip, and Lanyard Clip), and measures 4.65 in (118 mm).
More specifically, the head has a diameter of 0.98 in (25 mm), and the body has a diameter of 0.91 in (23 mm).
When you purchase the flashlight, it comes in a small carton box.
Setting up the Warrior Mini 2 couldn't be simpler.
Off the box, the Warrior Mini 2 comes with an insulating film over the battery, in order to get started, you should unscrew the front of the flashlight, and remove the insulating film, after that, you can grab the charger and hook up the flashlight until the charging light on the Warrior Mini 2 changes from red to green (the red light means it's still charging, a green light means the battery is full).
Once your flashlight is fully charged, it is ready to use, and you can either use it as it is or attach the lanyard and carabiner-style ring - this is a matter of preference.
The Warrior Mini 2 is extremely easy to carry and feels really comfortable on the hand, this, of course, can vary depending on your hand size, just check the measurements and make sure it'll comfortably fit your own hand.
Self-defense has become increasingly more important over the years, so much so that there's even the possibility of a self-defense class becoming a requirement for Ohio high-school students, if you need to use the Warrior Mini 2 in a self-defense situation, this flashlight will surely come in handy, it's sturdy and is generally great to hold onto.
When using the Warrior Mini 2, you'll have two options to switch between light modes, the side switch, and the tail switch.
The tail switch configuration 1 offers four default configurations for everyday use and you can switch between them with different actions:
- A short half-press activates the Medium configuration (continuous)
- A short full-click activates the Turbo configuration (continuous)
- A half-press and hold (more than 1 second) activates the Momentary Medium configuration (release the button to turn the light off)
- A full click and hold (more than 1 second) activates the Momentary Turbo configuration (release the button to turn the light off)
The tail switch configuration 2 offers two default configurations for tactical use and you can switch between them with different actions:
- A half-press activates the momentary Turbo configuration
- A full click activates the momentary Strobe configuration
The side switch configuration offers allows you to access more modes.
The available modes are:
- Moon, Low, Medium, High, and Turbo
- (Moon and Turbo are not part of the default menu cycle and you will have to set them up yourself)
Side switch options when the flashlight is OFF:
- With a single click, the flashlight goes to your last used mode
- A double click activates the Turbo configuration
- A triple-click activates the Strobe configuration
- If you press and hold for 1 second you activate the Moon configuration
- Pressing and holding for more than 2 seconds activates Lockout
Side switch options when the flashlight is ON:
- A single click turns the flashlight Off
- A double click activates Turbo
- A triple-click activates Strobe
- Pressing and holding allow you to cycle through the modes from low to high and back to low again.
Side switch shortcuts:
- Switch to Turbo by double-clicking the side switch from either ON or OFF
- Switch to Moon when the flashlight is OFF by pressing and holding
- Activate Strobe by triple-clicking from ON or OFF
Testing the Warrior Mini 2 is when we can really attest to its true capabilities and worthiness.
We've tested the flashlight in different environments and conditions, and this is what we observed.
Battery life on the Warrior Mini 2 is very good, with the company claiming that a full charge can last up to 45 days depending on different factors.
Once the battery starts draining, the flashlight automatically adjusts the lighting power thanks to its extremely useful self-throttling feature
Low battery warnings are displayed by a small LED indicator inside the side switch and work as follows:
- A solid green light indicates a 60%+ charged battery
- An orange light indicates a 10-60% charged battery
- A solid red indicates a 5-10% charged battery
- A blinking red indicated the battery charge is below 5%
Testing the Warrior Mini 2 was an absolute delight, and a surprise at how potent and strong the light emitted by this flashlight is.
The Warrior Mini 2 has an incredible reach, lighting up to 220 meters in front of you, thanks to its maximum output of 1750 lumens.
The fact that it has so many modes and configurations is really helpful, switching between them is intuitive and won't take much to learn.
While testing it on turbo mode, the flashlight does get quite hot and a bit uncomfortable, although it is still perfectly tolerable to the touch.
This flashlight is extremely sturdy and worked fine after a regular drop test, and if you drop it from 1.5 meters or less, it should still work fine.
Soaking the Warrior Mini 2 underwater also kept it working just fine, attesting to how resistant it really is.
If you need to use it for self-defense, the Warrior Mini 2 feels great on the hand and you're sure to inflict some damage on the attacker.
The proximity sensor is a very cool feature of the Warrior Mini 2 and we found it to work really well by automatically dropping or lowering the brightness level to protect you from overexposing yourself when inadvertently hitting nearby objects or structures with a high-intensity beam.
Below, you can check out how much the Warrior Mini 2 costs depending on your location, also remember to grab our exclusive Olight Coupon Code at the time of purchase in order to save an extra buck.
Warrior Mini 2 Pricing (US): $89.95
Warrior Mini 2 Pricing (EU): €107.95
Warrior Mini 2 Pricing (UK): £89.95
Warrior Mini 2 Pros & Cons
Warrior Mini 2: Pros
- Looks great
- Incredibly sturdy and resistant
- Comfortable to carry and hold
- Incredibly bright for its size
- Long-lasting battery life
- Self-throttling feature
- Proximity sensor
- Many modes and configurations
Warrior Mini 2: Cons
- It gets a bit too hot during hard use
- The proprietary battery setup can be a problem for some
Olight Warrior Mini 2 Review: Verdict
After our review of the Warrior Mini 2, we found this to be one of the best EDC flashlights on the market today.
Whether you're a content creator producing your content outdoors, you're looking to spend time in nature, or you simply need to do some work in the house, or in your car, the Warrior Mini 2 will come in extremely handy.
Its reach 220-meters throw, maximum output of 1750 lumens, and 45-day battery life is truly incredible and hard to match at this size and price point.
It is also super sturdy, resistant, and can work as a strong self-defense weapon.
The Warrior Mini 2 is also highly customizable, intuitive to use, and on top of that, cool-looking!
Finding any downsides to this flashlight is hard, the only things that come to mind is the fact that it can get a bit too hot during hard use such as in turbo mode, and the fact that the battery is proprietary, which we don't see it as a big issue, but know that some people do.
Overall, the Warrior Mini 2 proved to be an incredibly powerful, handy, potent, and resistant piece of equipment, and a great addition to anybody's arsenal of tools.
If you would like to buy the Olight Warrior Mini 2, make sure to follow the link below and grab our exclusive Olight Coupon Code!
Leave a Comment