Natalie Portman MasterClass Review
Natalie Portman Masterclass Review
In this Natalie Portman MasterClass Review, we will be examining whether or not the Natalie Portman MasterClass (Natalie Portman Teaches Acting) is worth your money.
(The pricing's currency will vary depending on your location, you can always set your online location by using a VPN provider, and choose the best option for you by clicking here).
The Natalie Portman MasterClass used to cost $100, now you can get access to ALL masterclasses thanks to the MasterClass Annual Membership, by doing so, you will save close to 98% OFF what you would usually pay for getting access to all those masterclasses.
Background And History
Natalie Portman is a prolific actress and filmmaker, she started working in the film business as a teenager, she has starred in both blockbusters and independent films, for which she has received various awards, including an Academy Award and two Golden Globe Awards.
Meet your new instructor: Oscar-winner Natalie Portman. As a self-taught actor, she’s built a repertoire of personal techniques for developing characters and shaping performances, and she’ll be sharing them with you.
2. Getting to Know Your Character
To fully embody a character, you first need to gain a thorough understanding of what makes them tick. Natalie teaches you how to dig for illuminating details, create a personal timeline, and analyze influential relationships.
3. Developing Your Character Through Research
Real-life resources are invaluable for developing your character. Natalie explains how historical research, documentaries, and even YouTube videos can help you understand your character’s motivations and behavior.
4. Developing Your Character's Physicality
To develop your character, you will need to use your body. Natalie teaches you how to find the right movements and physical exercises, as well as how to use wardrobe and makeup, to embody the role.
5. Scene Studies: Physical Gesture
Natalie shares three performances by actors who have inspired her, breaking down how they use physical movement to reveal character in surprising ways.
6. Case Study: “Black Swan”
In this case study, Natalie reveals how she prepared for her role in “Black Swan” as a ballerina losing her grip on reality, which included training with a ballet instructor for months.
7. Dialect Coaching: Research and Practice
When preparing for roles that involve a foreign language, accent, or dialect, Natalie works with her dialect coach, Tanya Blumstein. In this lesson, Natalie and Tanya demonstrate how they collaborate to shape the voice of a character.
8. Dialect Coaching in “Jackie”
In this case study, Natalie and Tanya share how they prepared for Natalie’s role in “Jackie” as First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy.
9. Working on Set
Natalie shares her techniques for working on set. You’ll learn how to emotionally connect with collaborators, handle vulnerability and self-consciousness, and maintain energy during a long day of shooting.
10. Performing on Camera
After years of performing on camera, Natalie has figured out what helps her achieve her best work. She explains her personal process as well as other tips for making the most of your time in front of the camera.
11. Working With Directors
The rapport you establish with a director from the beginning of your collaboration can help you deliver a successful performance. Natalie teaches you how to navigate this relationship and bring your own ideas to the table.
12. Successful Collaborations With Directors
Natalie reveals what she’s learned from her collaborations with gifted directors, including Darren Aronofsky, Mike Nichols, Anthony Minghella, and Pablo Larraín.
13. Case Study: Working With Terrence Malick
Unlike many of the directors she’s worked with, Terrence Malick doesn’t follow the traditional rules of filmmaking. Natalie shares what she learned from this acclaimed director’s unconventional approach.
14. Playing a Real Character
Playing a historical figure requires intensive research into both the private and public sides of your character. Natalie discusses how she stays true to the facts about her character while leaving room for invention and creativity.
15. Assignments in Developing Performance
Using well-known films and performances, Natalie guides you through exercises to help you analyze a character arc, conduct character research, and dissect a director’s approach.
Natalie sees improvisation as the opportunity to create. She’ll teach you how to engage with your environment, be alert, and actively listen.
17. Demo: Working With the Set, Props, and Camera
Natalie walks you through a sample scene, pointing out important questions to ask the production designer and director. She also shows you how to work with the set, props, and camera.
18. Green-Screen Acting
Green-screen acting forces you to rely solely on your imagination. In this lesson, Natalie offers practical tips on how to approach this unique acting challenge.
19. Advice for Actors
Natalie gives advice for auditioning, staying inspired, being an advocate for the people you work with, and nourishing your artistic spirit.
20. Active Empathy
In her final lesson, Natalie encourages you to see acting as an exercise in empathy. As you step into your character’s shoes, she encourages you to be playful, not worry about making mistakes, and have fun above all else.
Share the MasterClass love! Get access to more than 100 masterclasses and start learning from the comfort of your home!
Use our link, get the MasterClass Annual Membership and we'll earn a commission at no extra cost to you!
The Natalie Portman MasterClass used to cost $100, currently, for $180 you can get the MasterClass Annual Membership which also gives you access to this masterclass. With this membership you get one-year unlimited access to more than 100 masterclasses, this means that you'll save about 98% of the $10,000 you'd previously pay for 100 masterclasses.
MasterClass Annual Membership
$15/mo (Billed $180 for 1-year access)
MasterClass Annual Membership
What-s included with the MasterClass Annual Membership? With the Masterclass Annual Membership you get access to the following masterclasses:
Cooking Masterclasses / Culinary Arts Masterclasses:
- Gabriela Cámara Teaches Mexican Cuisine
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking I
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking II
- Aaron Franklin Teaches Texas-Style BBQ
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques I
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques II
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques III
- Massimo Bottura Teaches Modern Italian Cuisine
- Wolfgang Teaches Cooking
- Lynnette Marrero & Ryan Chetiyawardana Teach Mixology
- Alice Waters Teaches the Art of Home Cooking
- Dominique Ansel Teaches French Pastry Fundamentals
- James Suckling Teaches Wine Appreciation
- Ron Finley Teaches Gardening
- Yotam Ottolenghi Teaches Modern Middle Eastern Cooking
- Apollonia Poilane Teaches Bread Baking
- Niki Nakayama Teaches Modern Japanese Cooking
Film Masterclasses / Television Masterclasses:
- Natalie Portman Teaches Acting
- Samuel L. Jackson Teaches Acting
- Martin Scorsese Teaches Filmmaking
- David Lynch Teaches Creativity and Film
- Jodie Foster Teaches Filmmaking
- Aaron Sorkin Teaches Screenwriting
- Werner Herzog Teaches Filmmaking
- Ron Howard Teaches Directing
- Judd Apatow Teaches Comedy
- Helen Mirren Teaches Acting
- Ken Burns Teaches Documentary Filmmaking
- Spike Lee Teaches Indie Filmmaking
- Mira Nair Teaches Indie Filmmaking
Nancy Cartwright Teaches Voice Acting
Issa Rae Teaches Creating Outside the Lines
- Bobbi Brown Teaches Makeup and Beauty
- Kelly Wearstler Teaches Interior Design
- Emily Morse Teaches Sex and Communication
- Jon Kabat-Zinn Teaches Mindfulness and Meditation
- Donna Farhi Teaches Yoga Foundations
Jeff Koons Teaches Art and Creativity
- Shonda Rhimes Teaches Writing for Television
- James Patterson Teaches Writing
- David Sedaris Teaches Storytelling and Humor
- Billy Collins Teaches Reading and Writing Poetry
- David Baldacci Teaches Mystery and Thriller Writing
- Neil Gaiman Teaches the Art of Storytelling
- Dan Brown Teaches Writing Thrillers
- Joyce Carol Oates Teaches the Art of the Storytelling
- David Mamet Teaches Dramatic Writing
- Malcolm Gladwell Teaches Writing
- Margaret Atwood Teaches Creative Writing
- R.L. Stine Teaches Writing for Young Audiences
- Judy Blume Teaches Writing
- Walter Mosley Teaches Fiction and Storytelling
Salman Rushdie Teaches Storytelling and Writing
- Roxane Gay Teaches Writing for Social Change
- N. K. Jemisin Teaches Fantasy and Science Fiction Writing
- Amy Tan Teaches Fiction, Memory, and Imagination
- Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring
- Garry Kasparov Teaches Chess
- Simone Biles Teaches Gymnastics Fundamentals
- Tony Hawk Teaches Skateboarding
- Serena Williams Teaches Tennis
- Joe Holder Teaches Fitness and Wellness Fundamentals
- Wayne Gretzky Teaches Athlete's Mindset
- Misty Copeland Teaches Ballet Technique and Artistry
- Parris Goebel Teaches Creativity in Choreography
- Marc Jacobs Teaches Fashion Design
- Diane von Furstenberg Teaches Building a Fashion Brand
- Tan France Teaches Style for Everyone
- Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
- Will Wright Teaches Game Design
- Annie Leibovitz Teaches Photography
- Jimmy Chin Teaches Adventure Photography
- Tyler Mitchell Teaches Storytelling Through Portrait Photography
- RuPaul Teaches Self-Expression and Authenticity
- Robin Roberts Teaches Effective and Authentic Communication
- Howard Schultz Teaches Business Leadership
- Chris Voss Teaches The Art of Negotiation
- Bob Iger Teaches Business Strategy and Leadership
- Anna Wintour Teaches Creativity and Leadership
- Sara Blakely Teaches Self-Made Entrepreneurship
- Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein Teach Advertising and Creativity
- Daniel Pink Teaches Sales and Persuasion
Politics Masterclasses / Society Masterclasses:
- Jane Goodall Teaches Conservation
- Paul Krugman Teaches Economics and Society
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Teaches U.S. Presidential History
- David Axelrod and Karl Rove Teach Campaign Strategy
- Bob Woodward Teaches Investigative Journalism
- Carlos Santana Teaches the Art and Soul of Guitar
- Christina Aguilera Teaches Singing
- Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar
- Danny Elfman Teaches Music for Film
- Hans Zimmer Teaches Film Scoring
- Herbie Hancock Teaches Jazz
- Timbaland Teache Producing and Beatmaking
- deadmau5 Teaches Electronic Music Production
- Izhak Perlman Teaches Violin
- Reba McEntire Teaches Country Music
- Usher Teaches The Art of Performance
- Armin Van Buuren Teaches Dance Music
- Sheila E. Teaches Drumming and Percussion
- Jake Shimabukuro Teaches Ukelele
- St. Vincent Teaches Creativity and Songwriting
- Alicia Keys Teaches Songwriting and Producing
- Questlove Teaches Music Curation and DJing
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy
- Penn & Teller Teach the Art of Magic
- Neil de Grasse Tyson Teaches Scientific Thinking
- Chris Hadfield Teaches Space Exploration
Mathew Walker Teaches Science of Better Sleep
- Brandon McMillan Teaches Dog Training
Real Estate Masterclasses
- Robert Reffkin Teaches Buying and Selling Real Estate
Graphic Design Masterclasses
- David Carson Teaches Graphic Design
MasterClass Pros & Cons
- Access more than 100 masterclasses
- World-renowned lecturers
- Great pricing
- Well established company
- None, really!
Natalie Portman Masterclass Review: Verdict
MasterClass is definitely one of the best Education platforms available right now, whatever skills you're trying to learn, whichever knowledge you want to acquire, you're bound to find something that suits your needs.
The Natalie Portman Masterclass is a great piece of training, it'll be extremely useful for virtually anyone. Regardless of whether or not you want to become an actor, acting classes are a great way for you to learn how to better express yourself. Natalie Portman is one of the great actors of our generation and in this masterclass, it clearly shows.
Knowing as many skills as possible is crucial, it's essential for you to grow as an individual acquired knowledge in one field will help you in other fields too.
By offering a one-time payment of $180, MasterClass allows you to access a vast number of masterclasses for an extremely low price for the duration of an entire year, during that period you'll have more than enough time to watch every available masterclass and therefore greatly expand your skills and knowledge.
If you do the math and divide $180 by the roughly 100 available masterclasses, it means you'll only have to pay less than $2 per each of those masterclasses!
If you'd like to get the MasterClass Annual Membership, follow the link below and check if the 2 for 1 MasterClass discount is available!
Leave a Comment