Garry Kasparov MasterClass Review
Garry Kasparov Masterclass Review
In this Garry Kasparov MasterClass Review, we will be examining whether or not the Garry Kasparov MasterClass (Garry Kasparov Teaches Chess) is worth your money.
(The pricing's currency will vary depending on your location, you can always set your online location by using a VPN provider, and choose the best option for you by clicking here).
The Garry Kasparov MasterClass used to cost $100, now you can get access to ALL masterclasses thanks to the MasterClass Annual Membership, by doing so, you will save close to 98% OFF what you would usually pay for getting access to all those masterclasses.
Background And History
Garry Kasparov Born in Baku, Azerbaijan, in the Soviet Union in 1963, Garry Kasparov became the under-18 chess champion of the USSR at the age of 12 and the world under-20 champion at 17. He came to international fame at the age of 22 as the youngest world chess champion in history in 1985.
Garry's teaching reflects his style of play: direct, dynamic, and ambitious. He shares what he will cover in this class, including concrete instruction for players at different levels.
2. Garry's Chess Fundamentals
Learn how a World Chess Champion thinks as Garry shares the tenets of his chess philosophy.
3. Double Attacks - Part 1
The double attack is a simple concept that can often be deadly. Garry offers elegant examples to show its power—and how to defend yourself from it.
4. Double Attacks - Part 2
Garry offers an in-depth study of the double attack to help you expand your practical portfolio.
Garry believes in the power of geometry. Through these positions, he shows how you can get the best out of your pieces—even the weak ones.
6. Discovered Attacks
Missing a discovered attack can have dramatic consequences. Garry’s examples reveal how even top players can overlook this surprising move.
Not all pins are created equal. Understanding their effectiveness means understanding the power of paralyzing your opponent’s pieces, especially in the endgame.
Defense requires harmony, and knowing how to disrupt your opponent is critical. Garry shows how to identify an opponent’s target and then find a tactical way to destroy that defensive coordination.
The moment an opponent’s pieces lose their ability to counter threats, you can start building your attack.
The most destructive form of overload is when a piece has to watch for threats coming from different directions. Garry’s examples include one move that made his opponent literally jump out of his chair.
11. Winning Trades
Trading pieces doesn’t mean simply eliminating pieces of equal value. In the endgame, it can create a decisive advantage—or save a game that appears hopeless.
12. Endgames - Part 1
In Garry’s experience, the endgame never means the end of excitement. He shows the purity and creativity of the endgame—including drama, shouldering, and zugzwang.
13. Endgames - Part 2
Garry continues his endgame lessons with pawn endgames, rook endgames, queen v. pawn—and, of course, the king’s role. While it can seem slow and weak in the middlegame, an active king is vital in the endgame.
14. Endgames - Part 3
Garry believes miracles happen when you know how to create them. While most players spend time on openings, you can make game-changing miracles by studying the rich possibilities of endgames.
15. Openings - Part 1
Garry played e4 as a child prodigy and stuck with that move as the under-18 chess champion of the USSR and under-20 champion of the world. Learn when and how he grew his repertoire.
16. Openings - Part 2
What happens when your opponent plays your opening? How do you find a satisfying opening both psychologically and strategically? Is there such a thing as universal opening advice?
17. Openings - Part 3
He brought abandoned openings back from the dead and built a database of almost 20,000 different analyses—but Garry believes there are still more ideas to surface.
With a time control of 30 minutes, watch Garry take on three players with ratings of 1266, 1515, and 2103.
19. Jason's Game
“What else can you do?” Garry breaks down Jason’s moves and answers questions about what his opponent could have done differently.
20. Molly's Game
“It seems like the whole army is coming for me.” After Molly opens with the Sicilian, Garry counters with a quiet move. From there, Garry talks through how he developed his pieces and explains how Molly could have created more discomfort for him.
21. Dennis' Game
“No, I didn’t see that line.” Garry points out a line that Dennis missed and shows how he created the illusion of an attack without any real threat.
22. Case Study: Opening
Garry dissects his opening against Vishy Anand in 1995. The discussion includes analysis of a decisive mistake, strong attacks, tactical motifs, and a powerful yet quiet move that came at a rare early stage of the game.
23. Case Study: Endgame
Garry focuses on pawn endgames and the drama they can create. An appetite for the beauty of the endgame is one of the best ways to improve your chess.
24. Garry's Journey
Even when Garry was a kid, the number 13 held special meaning for him. He shares the realization of that numeric destiny and the forces that shaped his singular style of play.
25. How to Analyze
World champions climb to the top through brutal and relentless analysis. Learn what Garry believes is the greatest danger facing players.
26. Computers and Chess
The sting of Garry’s loss to Deep Blue has softened over the years. He looks back on that defeat and forwards to the benefits of computers in chess training.
27. Mental Toughness
The poster that hung over Garry’s bed as a kid included a line borrowed from Soviet dissidents: “If not you, who else?” Garry talks about triumphing in the most grueling matches of his career, as well as how he recovered when his mistakes felt like physical pain.
Whether you’re playing at home, at a club, or in a tournament, the variations in chess are limitless—and so are the possibilities for improving your game.
29. Bonus! Secret Novelty
After a crushing loss to Karpov, Garry analyzed his play and came up with a variation that he never used.
Share the MasterClass love! Get access to more than 100 masterclasses and start learning from the comfort of your home!
Use our link, get the MasterClass Annual Membership and we'll earn a commission at no extra cost to you!
The Garry Kasparov MasterClass used to cost $100, currently, for $180 you can get the MasterClass Annual Membership which also gives you access to this masterclass. With this membership you get one-year unlimited access to more than 100 masterclasses, this means that you'll save about 98% of the $10,000 you'd previously pay for 100 masterclasses.
MasterClass Annual Membership
$15/mo (Billed $180 for 1-year access)
MasterClass Annual Membership
What-s included with the MasterClass Annual Membership? With the Masterclass Annual Membership you get access to the following masterclasses:
Cooking Masterclasses / Culinary Arts Masterclasses:
- Gabriela Cámara Teaches Mexican Cuisine
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking I
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking II
- Aaron Franklin Teaches Texas-Style BBQ
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques I
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques II
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques III
- Massimo Bottura Teaches Modern Italian Cuisine
- Wolfgang Teaches Cooking
- Lynnette Marrero & Ryan Chetiyawardana Teach Mixology
- Alice Waters Teaches the Art of Home Cooking
- Dominique Ansel Teaches French Pastry Fundamentals
- James Suckling Teaches Wine Appreciation
- Ron Finley Teaches Gardening
- Yotam Ottolenghi Teaches Modern Middle Eastern Cooking
- Apollonia Poilane Teaches Bread Baking
- Niki Nakayama Teaches Modern Japanese Cooking
Film Masterclasses / Television Masterclasses:
- Natalie Portman Teaches Acting
- Samuel L. Jackson Teaches Acting
- Martin Scorsese Teaches Filmmaking
- David Lynch Teaches Creativity and Film
- Jodie Foster Teaches Filmmaking
- Aaron Sorkin Teaches Screenwriting
- Werner Herzog Teaches Filmmaking
- Ron Howard Teaches Directing
- Judd Apatow Teaches Comedy
- Helen Mirren Teaches Acting
- Ken Burns Teaches Documentary Filmmaking
- Spike Lee Teaches Indie Filmmaking
- Mira Nair Teaches Indie Filmmaking
Nancy Cartwright Teaches Voice Acting
Issa Rae Teaches Creating Outside the Lines
- Bobbi Brown Teaches Makeup and Beauty
- Kelly Wearstler Teaches Interior Design
- Emily Morse Teaches Sex and Communication
- Jon Kabat-Zinn Teaches Mindfulness and Meditation
- Donna Farhi Teaches Yoga Foundations
Jeff Koons Teaches Art and Creativity
- Shonda Rhimes Teaches Writing for Television
- James Patterson Teaches Writing
- David Sedaris Teaches Storytelling and Humor
- Billy Collins Teaches Reading and Writing Poetry
- David Baldacci Teaches Mystery and Thriller Writing
- Neil Gaiman Teaches the Art of Storytelling
- Dan Brown Teaches Writing Thrillers
- Joyce Carol Oates Teaches the Art of the Storytelling
- David Mamet Teaches Dramatic Writing
- Malcolm Gladwell Teaches Writing
- Margaret Atwood Teaches Creative Writing
- R.L. Stine Teaches Writing for Young Audiences
- Judy Blume Teaches Writing
- Walter Mosley Teaches Fiction and Storytelling
Salman Rushdie Teaches Storytelling and Writing
- Roxane Gay Teaches Writing for Social Change
- N. K. Jemisin Teaches Fantasy and Science Fiction Writing
- Amy Tan Teaches Fiction, Memory, and Imagination
- Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring
- Garry Kasparov Teaches Chess
- Simone Biles Teaches Gymnastics Fundamentals
- Tony Hawk Teaches Skateboarding
- Serena Williams Teaches Tennis
- Joe Holder Teaches Fitness and Wellness Fundamentals
- Wayne Gretzky Teaches Athlete's Mindset
- Misty Copeland Teaches Ballet Technique and Artistry
- Parris Goebel Teaches Creativity in Choreography
- Marc Jacobs Teaches Fashion Design
- Diane von Furstenberg Teaches Building a Fashion Brand
- Tan France Teaches Style for Everyone
- Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
- Will Wright Teaches Game Design
- Annie Leibovitz Teaches Photography
- Jimmy Chin Teaches Adventure Photography
- Tyler Mitchell Teaches Storytelling Through Portrait Photography
- RuPaul Teaches Self-Expression and Authenticity
- Robin Roberts Teaches Effective and Authentic Communication
- Howard Schultz Teaches Business Leadership
- Chris Voss Teaches The Art of Negotiation
- Bob Iger Teaches Business Strategy and Leadership
- Anna Wintour Teaches Creativity and Leadership
- Sara Blakely Teaches Self-Made Entrepreneurship
- Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein Teach Advertising and Creativity
- Daniel Pink Teaches Sales and Persuasion
Politics Masterclasses / Society Masterclasses:
- Jane Goodall Teaches Conservation
- Paul Krugman Teaches Economics and Society
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Teaches U.S. Presidential History
- David Axelrod and Karl Rove Teach Campaign Strategy
- Bob Woodward Teaches Investigative Journalism
- Carlos Santana Teaches the Art and Soul of Guitar
- Christina Aguilera Teaches Singing
- Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar
- Danny Elfman Teaches Music for Film
- Hans Zimmer Teaches Film Scoring
- Herbie Hancock Teaches Jazz
- Timbaland Teache Producing and Beatmaking
- deadmau5 Teaches Electronic Music Production
- Izhak Perlman Teaches Violin
- Reba McEntire Teaches Country Music
- Usher Teaches The Art of Performance
- Armin Van Buuren Teaches Dance Music
- Sheila E. Teaches Drumming and Percussion
- Jake Shimabukuro Teaches Ukelele
- St. Vincent Teaches Creativity and Songwriting
- Alicia Keys Teaches Songwriting and Producing
- Questlove Teaches Music Curation and DJing
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy
- Penn & Teller Teach the Art of Magic
- Neil de Grasse Tyson Teaches Scientific Thinking
- Chris Hadfield Teaches Space Exploration
Mathew Walker Teaches Science of Better Sleep
- Brandon McMillan Teaches Dog Training
Real Estate Masterclasses
- Robert Reffkin Teaches Buying and Selling Real Estate
Graphic Design Masterclasses
- David Carson Teaches Graphic Design
MasterClass Pros & Cons
- Access more than 100 masterclasses
- World-renowned lecturers
- Great pricing
- Well established company
- None, really!
Garry Kasparov Masterclass Review: Verdict
MasterClass is definitely one of the best Education platforms available right now, whatever skills you're trying to learn, whichever knowledge you want to acquire, you're bound to find something that suits your needs.
The Garry Kasparov MasterClass is a fantastic in depth piece of training taught by one of the greatest chess players that have ever lived. chess is one of the best hobbies you can pick up, great minds such as Stanley Kubrick played chess, it's an excellent game for exercising your mind and improving your decision making in every area of your life.
Knowing as many skills as possible is crucial, it's essential for you to grow as an individual acquired knowledge in one field will help you in other fields too.
By offering a one-time payment of $180, MasterClass allows you to access a vast number of masterclasses for an extremely low price for the duration of an entire year, during that period you'll have more than enough time to watch every available masterclass and therefore greatly expand your skills and knowledge.
If you do the math and divide $180 by the roughly 100 available masterclasses, it means you'll only have to pay less than $2 per each of those masterclasses!
If you'd like to get the MasterClass Annual Membership, follow the link below and check if the 2 for 1 MasterClass discount is available!
Leave a Comment