David Lynch Masterclass Review
In this David Lynch MasterClass Review, we will be examining whether or not the David Lynch MasterClass (David Lynch Teaches Creativity and Film) is worth your money.
(The pricing's currency will vary depending on your location, you can always set your online location by using a VPN provider, choose the best option for you by clicking here).
David Lynch: Background
David Lynch is an American filmmaker and screenwriter who is famous for his uniquely mind-bending films. His films merge the cheerfully mundane with the macabre and often defy obvious explanation.
David Lynch Masterclass Review: Content
1. Introduction: The Art Life
Meet your new instructor: Oscar-nominated filmmaker and artist David Lynch. In his first lesson, David talks about the importance of exploring deeply and encourages you to seek out thrilling ideas in the pursuit of creativity.
2. Catching Ideas
For David, ideas are everything. Learn how to draw from your intuition and life experience to unlock powerful sources of creative inspiration.
3. Creativity and the Writing Process
Writing is a way to remember ideas that come to life in your mind. Learn how to approach a blank page and find out why David thinks there is no formula for writing a good script.
4. Educating Yourself
David believes that the best learning is experiential and hands-on. He shares lessons from his first experiments in cinema and discusses the master filmmakers who have inspired him.
5. Casting for Character
Casting is an intuitive process that can result in exciting discoveries and collaborations. Learn how to identify and recognize the right performer for a part and hear David discusses working with some of his favorite actors.
6. Working With Actors
Rehearsals are the time to shape scenes and take risks. David teaches you how to bring out an actor’s potential in front of the camera and elicit an unforgettable performance.
7. On Set: Creating a Happy Family
Treat your team like a happy family and they will go the extra mile for you. Learn how David handles the pressures of the set while protecting a creative space for the cast and crew.
8. Production Design: Building Unique Worlds
The world on screen begins as an idea in the director’s mind. David shares several show-and-tell techniques for conveying ideas to designers, encouraging improvisation along the way.
9. Cinematography: Manifesting David’s Vision
Using vivid black-and-white examples from “Eraserhead” and “The Elephant Man,” David teaches you how to think cinematically.
10. Sound Design and Scoring
The right music can elevate every other cinematic element on screen. Learn how David collaborates with composers and sound designers to create the perfect union of sound and picture.
11. Breaking the Rules
Rules are great for driving but in cinema? David doesn’t like rules. Learn to distinguish restrictions that stifle creativity from those that actually help you to think outside the box.
12. Make It True to the Ideas
Every artist struggles with fears of failure and the pressures of success. David encourages you to keep your creative decisions focused on one overriding goal: staying true to the idea.
13. Bonus Chapter: Transcendental Meditation
David practices Transcendental Meditation twice a day. Learn to approach life and work with deeper awareness through meditation and enjoy the “doing” of almost any activity.
Share the MasterClass love! Get access to more than 100 masterclasses and start learning from the comfort of your home!
Use our link, get the MasterClass Annual Membership and we'll earn a commission at no extra cost to you!
David Lynch Masterclass Review: Pricing
The David Lynch MasterClass used to cost $100, currently, for $180 you can get the MasterClass Annual Membership which also gives you access to this masterclass. With this membership you get one-year unlimited access to more than 100 masterclasses, this means that you'll save about 98% of the $10,000 you'd previously pay for 100 masterclasses.
MasterClass Annual Membership
- $15/mo (Billed $180 for 1-year access)
MasterClass Annual Membership: Content
What-s included with the MasterClass Annual Membership? With the Masterclass Annual Membership you get access to the following masterclasses:
Cooking Masterclasses / Culinary Arts Masterclasses:
- Gabriela Cámara Teaches Mexican Cuisine
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking I
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking II
- Aaron Franklin Teaches Texas-Style BBQ
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques I
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques II
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques III
- Massimo Bottura Teaches Modern Italian Cuisine
- Wolfgang Teaches Cooking
- Lynnette Marrero & Ryan Chetiyawardana Teach Mixology
- Alice Waters Teaches the Art of Home Cooking
- Dominique Ansel Teaches French Pastry Fundamentals
- James Suckling Teaches Wine Appreciation
- Ron Finley Teaches Gardening
- Yotam Ottolenghi Teaches Modern Middle Eastern Cooking
- Apollonia Poilane Teaches Bread Baking
- Niki Nakayama Teaches Modern Japanese Cooking
Film Masterclasses / Television Masterclasses:
- Natalie Portman Teaches Acting
- Samuel L. Jackson Teaches Acting
- Martin Scorsese Teaches Filmmaking
- David Lynch Teaches Creativity and Film
- Jodie Foster Teaches Filmmaking
- Aaron Sorkin Teaches Screenwriting
- Werner Herzog Teaches Filmmaking
- Ron Howard Teaches Directing
- Judd Apatow Teaches Comedy
- Helen Mirren Teaches Acting
- Ken Burns Teaches Documentary Filmmaking
- Spike Lee Teaches Indie Filmmaking
- Mira Nair Teaches Indie Filmmaking
- Nancy Cartwright Teaches Voice Acting
- Issa Rae Teaches Creating Outside the Lines
- Bobbi Brown Teaches Makeup and Beauty
- Kelly Wearstler Teaches Interior Design
- Emily Morse Teaches Sex and Communication
- Jon Kabat-Zinn Teaches Mindfulness and Meditation
- Donna Farhi Teaches Yoga Foundations
- Jeff Koons Teaches Art and Creativity
- Shonda Rhimes Teaches Writing for Television
- James Patterson Teaches Writing
- David Sedaris Teaches Storytelling and Humor
- Billy Collins Teaches Reading and Writing Poetry
- David Baldacci Teaches Mystery and Thriller Writing
- Neil Gaiman Teaches the Art of Storytelling
- Dan Brown Teaches Writing Thrillers
- Joyce Carol Oates Teaches the Art of the Storytelling
- David Mamet Teaches Dramatic Writing
- Malcolm Gladwell Teaches Writing
- Margaret Atwood Teaches Creative Writing
- R.L. Stine Teaches Writing for Young Audiences
- Judy Blume Teaches Writing
- Walter Mosley Teaches Fiction and Storytelling
- Salman Rushdie Teaches Storytelling and Writing
- Roxane Gay Teaches Writing for Social Change
- N. K. Jemisin Teaches Fantasy and Science Fiction Writing
- Amy Tan Teaches Fiction, Memory, and Imagination
- Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring
- Garry Kasparov Teaches Chess
- Simone Biles Teaches Gymnastics Fundamentals
- Tony Hawk Teaches Skateboarding
- Serena Williams Teaches Tennis
- Joe Holder Teaches Fitness and Wellness Fundamentals
- Wayne Gretzky Teaches Athlete's Mindset
- Misty Copeland Teaches Ballet Technique and Artistry
- Parris Goebel Teaches Creativity in Choreography
- Marc Jacobs Teaches Fashion Design
- Diane von Furstenberg Teaches Building a Fashion Brand
- Tan France Teaches Style for Everyone
- Frank Gehry Teaches Design and Architecture
- Will Wright Teaches Game Design
- Annie Leibovitz Teaches Photography
- Jimmy Chin Teaches Adventure Photography
- Tyler Mitchell Teaches Storytelling Through Portrait Photography
- RuPaul Teaches Self-Expression and Authenticity
- Robin Roberts Teaches Effective and Authentic Communication
- Howard Schultz Teaches Business Leadership
- Chris Voss Teaches The Art of Negotiation
- Bob Iger Teaches Business Strategy and Leadership
- Anna Wintour Teaches Creativity and Leadership
- Sara Blakely Teaches Self-Made Entrepreneurship
- Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein Teach Advertising and Creativity
- Daniel Pink Teaches Sales and Persuasion
Politics Masterclasses / Society Masterclasses:
- Jane Goodall Teaches Conservation
- Paul Krugman Teaches Economics and Society
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Teaches U.S. Presidential History
- David Axelrod and Karl Rove Teach Campaign Strategy
- Bob Woodward Teaches Investigative Journalism
- Carlos Santana Teaches the Art and Soul of Guitar
- Christina Aguilera Teaches Singing
- Tom Morello Teaches Electric Guitar
- Danny Elfman Teaches Music for Film
- Hans Zimmer Teaches Film Scoring
- Herbie Hancock Teaches Jazz
- Timbaland Teache Producing and Beatmaking
- deadmau5 Teaches Electronic Music Production
- Izhak Perlman Teaches Violin
- Reba McEntire Teaches Country Music
- Usher Teaches The Art of Performance
- Armin Van Buuren Teaches Dance Music
- Sheila E. Teaches Drumming and Percussion
- Jake Shimabukuro Teaches Ukelele
- St. Vincent Teaches Creativity and Songwriting
- Alicia Keys Teaches Songwriting and Producing
- Questlove Teaches Music Curation and DJing
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy
- Penn & Teller Teach the Art of Magic
- Neil de Grasse Tyson Teaches Scientific Thinking
- Chris Hadfield Teaches Space Exploration
- Mathew Walker Teaches Science of Better Sleep
- Brandon McMillan Teaches Dog Training
Real Estate Masterclasses
- Robert Reffkin Teaches Buying and Selling Real Estate
Graphic Design Masterclasses
- David Carson Teaches Graphic Design
MasterClass: Pros & Cons
- Access more than 100 masterclasses
- World-renowned lecturers
- Great pricing
- Well established company
- None, really!
David Lynch Masterclass Review: Verdict
MasterClass is definitely one of the best eLearning platforms available right now, whatever skills you're trying to learn, whichever knowledge you want to acquire, you're bound to find something that suits your needs.
The David Lynch Masterclass is extremely interesting, we highly recommend it if you want to learn how to develop your creativity and would like to develop a unique creative process like that of David Lynch. On the other hand, if you would like to learn more about the practical side of film, we'd recommend other masterclasses like the Werner Herzog Masterclass or the Ron Howard Masterclass.
Knowing as many skills as possible is crucial, it's essential for you to grow as an individual acquired knowledge in one field will help you in other fields too.
By offering a one-time payment of $180, MasterClass allows you to access a vast number of masterclasses for an extremely low price for the duration of an entire year, during that period you'll have more than enough time to watch every available masterclass and therefore greatly expand your skills and knowledge.
If you do the math and divide $180 by the roughly 100 available masterclasses, it means you'll only have to pay less than $2 per each of those masterclasses!
If you'd like to get the MasterClass Annual Membership, follow the link below and check if the 2 for 1 MasterClass discount is available!